Pregnancy (Webster Technique)
The Webster technique, is founded by Larry Webster, D.C. & originated from the United States. It is a specialized Chiropractic technique performed by highly trained chiropractors for patients who are pregnant.
This technique focuses on two ligaments, two bones and two muscles. Once these six structures are "released" the baby has room to drop into place ( preventing and helping with babies in breeched positions).
Prenatal chiropractic therapy creates space in the body, improves blood flow, lymphatic drainage and enhance nerve function. The increased abdominal space also takes pressure off nerves which will then increase neural stimulation and baby development.
This is why the Webster Technique, is gentle, effective, and very safe.
Safer and Easier Child Delivery for Mothers
Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by balancing the pelvic joint.
Removes potential tension on the ligaments which can cause intrauterine constraint to the woman's uterus.
Reduces interference to the mother's vital nervous system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
Better Conditions for Baby Development
Removes interference to the mother's nerve system allowing for better baby development.
Allows more room for the baby to develop. Reduces restrictions while the baby is taking form, especially the cranium and skeletal structures.
Offers the baby room to move into the best possible position for birth.
Reduces risk of dystocia from birth trauma caused by potential need of birth intervention.
- Trouble with hand-eye coordination or fine motor skills
- Bed wetting after the age of 5
- Mood swings & poor impulse control
- Attention issues, difficulty with reading/writing
- Toe walking or W-sitting
- Difficulty adapting to stress (stuck in fight or flight)
- Poor posture
- Colic/ Poor digestion
- Headaches or back pain
- Abnormal crawling/walking patterns (i.e. scooting, toes in/out, etc.)
- Improve sleep, and ease the stress from traumatic birth process which involves compression, contractions & traction forces.
- Support the child’s immune system and digestive system. Spinal misalignment can cause colic, reflux or trouble latching.
- Optimizing brain development, human brain reaching 80-90% of adult volume by age of 2.
- Promote proper growth & achieving development milestones.
Torticollis, headache, ear infection, tongue tie, trouble latching, ADHD, irritable baby syndrome, colic/GERD and constipation, poor balance & coordination, uneven head shape.